Developing OutSystems Mobile Applications Boot CampNew to Outsystems
Learn how to use OutSystems for Mobile development
This 4.5-day course introduces students to developing mobile apps, along with responsive web apps, with OutSystems. With a focus on mobile development, the course covers “thinking mobility,” “creating amazing user interfaces, using Silk patterns, and implementing offline capabilities with advanced interaction patterns. The course also covers how to build and use plugins that can access device sensors and native capabilities. You will even test your app by building the native mobile application package and installing it on the device!
In this course you will:
- Lean how to use OutSystems to develop and deliver amazing applications
- Develop web and mobile applications.
- Focus on mobile app development tools and best practices while building an app.
Who should attend?
Developers who are new to OutSystems and want to learn about mobile application development with OutSystems. Architects who need to better understand how OutSystems delivers mobile applications. Project managers who will be leading an OutSystems mobile development project.
With the Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps Boot Camp, candidates will be ready to do the OutSystems Mobile Associate Developer Certification.
The training methodology we follow is aimed at developing skills through their practical application, based on four vectors of learning: practical, theoretical, technical and technological by focusing on interdisciplinary approach of the various aspects of OutSystems Programming and Soft Skills.
What will you learn?
Mobile application development and the basics of OutSystems, assisted by a series of discussions, guided instructions and hands-on exercises, you will learn how to build mobile applications by developing one from scratch.
What do you need?
A laptop with Windows 7 or higher and .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher, Headphones can be helpful for reviewing some documentation. Some online prep work before the boot camp is required. You will receive more details by email..
OutSystems Mobile Associate Developer Certification exam is included.
The Developing OutSystems Mobile Applications Boot Camp is a more theoretical module where OutSystems Development Core features will be taught using a combination of theoretical modules with guided exercises to practice each topic and a short project at the end to wrap-up all concepts. A full time trainer will be on site to help and support the Team members. In the end of the module a technical assessment is performed.
- Day 1: Intro to the Course, Mobile Design Considerations, Mobile Apps in OutSystems, Database Entities, Data Relationships and Variables, Mobile Screens, Basic Data Queries, Mobile Widgets
- Day 2: Advanced Data Queries – Aggregates & SQL, Themes & Styles Sheets, Screen Lifecycle, Screen Layouts and Common UI, Logic and Exception Handling, Input Validations, Role-based Security, Debugging and Monitoring
- Day 3: Native App Generation, Local storage, Data Sync Overview, Data Sync Basic Patterns, Block and Events, OutSystems UI
- Day 4: Screen Templates, Plugins, Web Services, Final Project
- Day 5: Final Project, Course Wrap-Up
Exam (requires a score of 70 percent or higher)
Attitude during training
Web Associate Developer certification ready
Great intro course for OutSystems beginners, gained lots of hands-on experience through exercises and the final assignment.
Training was great. I learned a lot from it. Really appreciate our instructor’s patience answering newbie questions.
Learn how to build incredible, responsive web experiences. See how to connect them to systems and scale to meet enterprise requirements. And, get up to speed on collaboration, staging, security and more.
Sydney, AustraliaMelbourne, Australia
Learn how to build incredible mobile apps that run on all platforms and offline. You’ll learn it all, from front to back-end development and getting them published in the app stores.