Developing OutSystems Mobile Applications Boot CampNew to Outsystems
Learn how to use OutSystems for Mobile development
The Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps Boot Camp is a 5-day trainer-led course that introduces students to mobile application development with OutSystems. The course covers the fundamentals of developing native mobile applications, such as modeling data on the device and database, data synchronization, client-side and server-side logic, user interface development, native app generation, plugin development and much more, with a very focused hands-on experience in the OutSystems Development Environment.
By the end of the week you will be able to start developing your own mobile applications and generate a native app that you can use in your device.
Also, you’ll be able to take a shot at the Associate Mobile Developer certification for free!
Who should attend?
This course is targeted to:
- Developers who are either new to OutSystems, or have limited experience with the platform, and want to learn about mobile application development with OutSystems.
- Architects and project managers who need to better understand how OutSystems delivers mobile applications.
For this course, attendees should have some knowledge of relational databases, basic programming concepts (not specific to any language), and basic mobile technologies.
With the Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps Boot Camp, candidates will be ready to do the OutSystems Mobile Associate Developer Certification.
What will you learn?
The fundamentals of mobile development in OutSystems and how they can be applied in building native mobile applications. You will learn how to:
- Create your data model on the device and synchronize it with the server;
- Visually build your business logic on the client-side;
- Create amazing native-look user interfaces;
- Develop plugins to use native device capabilities;
- … and much more.
What do you need?
Your laptop with Service Studio installed. A few days before the Boot Camp, you will receive detailed instructions with all the information you need.
Although there are no mandatory prerequisites, for a smoother and more complete learning experience we recommend following the OutSystems Overview online course, before attending this training. It takes approximately 45 minutes to watch the 7 short online videos.
OutSystems Mobile Associate Developer Certification exam is included.
What's the agenda?
• Day 1: Intro to the Course, Mobile Design Considerations, Mobile Apps in OutSystems, Database Entities, Data Relationships, Variables in OutSystems, Mobile Screens, Basic Data Queries, Mobile Widgets
• Day 2: Advanced Database Queries, Themes & Styles Sheets, Screen Lifecycle, Screen Layouts and Common UI, Logic and Exception Handling, Input Validations, Role-based Security, Debugging and Monitoring
• Day 3: Native App Generation, Local storage, Data Synchronisation, Block and Events
• Day 4: OutSystems UI, Screen Templates, Plugins, SOAP Web Services and REST APIs, Final Project
• Day 5: Final Project
Exam (requires a score of 70 percent or higher)
Attitude during training
Associate Mobile Developer certification ready
Dates & Location
AU$4,575 (exc. GST)
Great intro course for OutSystems beginners, gained lots of hands-on experience through exercises and the final assignment.
Training was great. I learned a lot from it. Really appreciate our instructor’s patience answering newbie questions.
Learn how to build incredible mobile apps that run on all platforms and offline. You’ll learn it all, from front to back-end development and getting them published in the app stores.